Not too many ingredients, easy preparation but still can deliver big flavors for you and your guests. You can find different recipes and sizes for the meatballs, I personally like to maintain a 50/50 ratio of beef and pork and shape the meatballs a little bit bigger than a golf ball. This is how I like it and I’m sure it won’t disappoint you neither. Why don’t you give it a try?
Ingredients you will be needing for 4 to 6 pax
For the Meatballs:
- 250g Beef
- 250g Pork
- 2 slices of Bread
- 50 g Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Salt and pepper
For the Tomato sauce:
- Olive oil
- ½ onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of Red wine
- Tomato Sauce in can
- Salt and pepper
…and then also:
- 500g Spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese
- Some Basil
Now at work:
- Mix beef, pork, bread, garlic, parmesan, salt, pepper and egg in a bowl with the help of your clean hands.
- Divide the meat using a ¼ cup to portion the meatballs in equal size then shape them into balls with your hands.
- In a pan add some olive oil and start to cook the meatballs until golden brown, about 15 min then remove them from the pan.
- Add some chopped onion and garlic in the same pan and cook it for few minutes before adding the red wine.
- Reduce the wine by half, it will be taking about 5 minutes and then add the tomato sauce and some water.
- Simmer for 45 minutes and the meatballs for another 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the meatballs and adjust your tomato sauce with some fresh parsley, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Cook the spaghetti in salted boiling water following the instruction on the package, usually 8-12 min.
- Once cooked add the spaghetti in the tomato sauce, mix it for few minutes and then serve.
- Add the meatballs on top, some fresh basil for extra flavor and garnish, grate some parmesan on the top and there you have it.
- Dig in, thank me later.
Follow me on INSTAGRAM for more